Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Finally...

So I have finally gotten around to starting a blog. My kitchen has been up and running for almost a month now and I'm starting to make friends with the other vendors at the market so it's getting easier to source the types of ingredients that I'm after. The business cards have been ordered and now I just need to figure out Twitter....
I'm selling my products at the Seaport Farmer's Market on Fridays (10-6) and Sundays (8-4). Until I can afford a cute little retail shop I'll also be sending my boyfriend out on deliveries, probably on Mondays and Fridays, but we'll see what works best. If you happen to be in my neck of the woods, you can always knock on the door and pick up dinner too!
The basic idea is that I want to be your one stop shop for dinner and items to stock your pantry and freezer. Everyone wants to eat local, organic and sustainably but don't necessarily have the time, so that's where I come in. Here's a list of what I will be selling this week at the market -

fresh:

roast Shani’s organic pork loin, caramelized onion sauce, swiss chard, savory apple bread pudding, herb roasted fingerling potatoes (Friday)                                                          $12
grilled organic chicken breast, chipotle lime BBQ sauce, sweet potato mash, black bean and corn succotash and cheddar jalapeno cornbread (Sunday) $12
lemon meringue tarts $3
dark chocolate truffles $.50
“Snickers” brownies $3
individual apple crisps $3
maple and pumpkin cupcakes $1
(I can also make full sized pies and crisps for pre-orders)
frozen:
salt cod fish cakes and baked beans (serves 2) $10
sausage and roasted red pepper baked penne with organic sausages, caramelized onions and Foxhill cheese curds (small)$7.50
(large)$12
shepherd’s pie with Getaway Farm’s beef, peas, corn and cheddar & green onion mashed potatoes $7.50
roasted red pepper and tomato soup (vegetarian) $5
chicken and rice soup $5
beef and barley soup $5
curried butternut squash soup (vegetarian) $5
potato, leek and bacon soup $5
clam chowder $5
beef stew $5
bbq sauces:
chipotle lime $7.50
maple bourbon $7.50
honey mustard $7.50
sesame ginger $7.50


This is what my business card will look like once it's printed, hooray!
Anyway come visit me at the market or place an order, I'm also available for small caterings and private cooking classes...
Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment